sabato, ottobre 08, 2005

Song for a friend

Well you’re magic he said but don’t let it all go to your head
Well I bet if you all had it all figured out then you’d never get out of bed
No doubt of all the things that I’ve read what he wrote me
Is now sounding like the man I was hoping to be
I keep keeping it real cause it keeps getting easier indeed

He’s the reason that I’m laughing
Even if there’s no one else
He said you’ve got to love yourself

He said you shouldn’t mumble when you speak
But keep your tongue up in your cheek
And if you stumble onto something better
Remember that it’s humble that you seek
And you’ve got all the skill you need; individuality
You’ve got something. Call it gumption.
Call it anything you want

Because when you play the fool now
You’re only fooling everyone else
You’re learning to love yourself.

There’s no price to pay when you give what you take.
That’s why it’s easy to thank you.

Let’s say take a break and get back to the old garage.
Life’s too short anyway but at least it’s better than average.
As long as you got me and I got you know we got a lot to go around
I’ll be your friend you’re other brother
Another love to calm and comfort you.

And I’ll keep reminding if it’s the only thing I ever do.
I will always love you.

Climb up over the top.
Survey the state of the soul.
You’ve got to find out for yourself whether or not you’re truly trying.
Why not give it a shot?
Shake it. Take control and inevitably wind up
Finding for yourself all the strengths you have inside still rising.

Nessun commento: